What Is Will Preparation And Registration?
A Will is a legal document of rights that is prepared by an individual. Will preparation and registration decides the transfer of self-owned assets after the death of the individual.
1. The name and address of the applicant of the will.
2. The details regarding all the assets of the applicant
3. The presence of two eyewitnesses to sign the papers.
4. The name and relevant position of the executor of the will
Process Of Registration
1. Preparation of legal documents required for the registration.
2. The related documents are to be given at the sub registrar’s office.
3. A stipulated amount has to be given as the cost of stamp duty.
4. The presence of two individuals as a witness for the registration is required.
5. After the document verification is complete, the documents are sealed in an envelope.
The will is given to the individual, and a copy is kept at the sub-registrar office.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
It is possible to revise or amend an existing will. It needs to be written up again and attested by a testator. The presence of two witnesses for this is event is also a requirement.
Lets Get in Touch Now