What Is A Copyright Registration?
Copyright is an exclusive right given to the creator of a work for a limited time to protect the original expression of an idea in the form of work and not the idea itself. It includes a range of rights regarding the reproduction of a work.
Documents Required For Applying:
1. Name, Address, and Nationality of the Applicant
2. Nature of the Applicant’s Interest in the Copyright
3. Class & Description of the work
4.Title of the Work
5. Language of the work
6. If Published, the Date of Registration
What Is The Process Of Registration?
1. Submission of application for Copyright Registration signed by the applicant or an authorized individual (one for each work)
2. Payment of requisite fee with each application
3. Receival of dairy number
4. A waiting period of 30 days
5. The registration is approved after examination
Why Register For Copyright?
To protect an individual’s work from any form of piracy and duplication
Gives the power to an individual to take legal action against the infringement
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Lets Get in Touch Now